Monday, June 15, 2009

Val Hilgar

First day of "Mission Galveston" and I love being on this mission trip with such a great group of people!  We divided into four core work groups and headed out to our designated job sites at 8AM.  The group I was in consisted of nine total co-laborers and we conquered the tasks set before us (in the strength of the Lord).  The family that we helped were so very much appreciative and thanked us so many times for our help.  This is what it is all about, doing God's work in God's time by God's strength for GOD'S GLORY.  I am so very thankful for this opportunity to serve a God who has done so very much for me.  God bless you and I love you.             Val

2 comments:

  1. Val,

    I'm so happy for you!!! Aren't mission trips wonderful? You sound like the Lord is really teaching and challenging you. That's terrific.

    We're all praying for you!

    in Christ,

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Val,
    What a great testimony to your daughter to see you serving Him in this capacity. You do so much for His ministry already and yet in your season of rest you just keep on giving. Praise the Lord!! It's so wonderful to give to others who cannot repay you. God's blessings are more abundant then any we can think of or imagine! I pray you are more encouraged with each passing day and that your strength is renewed minute by minute! May you know the refreshing, empowering feeling of God's presence in your weakness supported by His strength! I've got you covered in prayer... You're a testimony to me!
    Praising the Lord,
    Patricia Miller

    ReplyDelete