Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sara Cumberland

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for all of your prayers and encouragement throughout the entire week! I really, really, really appreciate them!
Well, the week is over.... I had an amazing time and learned so many lessons from God that I would never even have dreamed about. As I look back on the week, I see so many ways that God has worked in my life and used me and the team in others' lives. It has been a HUGE reassurance to me to know that God can and will use me to make an impact on other people. Many of us have decided that this has definitely been the best mission's trip that we have ever been on. It has been hard, but without a doubt the most amazing and wonderful weeks of my life!
Please continue to pray for the people that we helped out this week. Pray for them to continue to wonder why we did what we did and for Who it was that we did it. Pray for other Christians to come into their lives to witness to them and reap what we have been sowing all week, and lead them to Salvation.
This is it! The end of our week....it's really "bitter-sweet" to me, though. I can't wait to come home and tell everyone all of our stories...but I have definitely fallen in love with Texas and the people in it! God has done wonders this week!

1 comment:

  1. "Grandma and Grandpa" Elaine and Tony in GalvestonJune 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM

    You all will never know the great blessing you were to all of Galveston and to our family in particular. We so enjoyed working with you all. On Monday morning when you arrived and I asked Valeri if you had any special skills and she said no, she was so wrong. You all had wonderful skills and you used them for our benefit. Josh and Curtis all the painting you did was wonderful. And to the girls who painted and caulked and grouted it is just great how everything looks so wonderful. Susan and your helper all the Leggos you cleaned with a toothbrush made the boys so happy to have something back from their "old life". We had so much fun with our little tours and just getting to know you all. Debbie and JR you did great work and JR the floor looks fantastic. The hallway is the only thing left to do. AJ cut the tiles on Sat and she was really missing you. God truly blessed us with all the volunteers sent to us.

    The kids all came to the house Sunday after church to see what was done. They were very happy with it. you will be glad to know that the mortgage inspector came on Sat and the house is 99.9% done and Doug and AJ will soon be getting their last insurance check. And there are now toilets in the house, no more going across the street!

    They will be moving in later this week and you all made it possible. God Bless you and keep you.

    Here are a bunch of pictures for you to look at in your leisure. There are even some of each of you but Valeri I am afraid your backside is all I got!

    I hope your memories of Galveston remain with you and you can come again sometime to just have fun on the beach.


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65056124@N00/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/toots/collections/72157610947289915/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/antonolsen/sets/72157607816296010/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/antonolsen/sets/72157607811703287/

    ReplyDelete