Thursday, June 18, 2009

allison's third blog

hey everybody, this week has been amazing and i have learned to much!! today we worked on this man's house and it is really coming together and even though most of us got sun burnt ((including me... and it really hurts!!)) we all had good attitudes and smiles on our faces!! we went to the beach tonight and had devotions there and sang some songs too!! tomorrow we will be working from 8-2 so we get to finish work early and come back and get showers so we can go to... THE BOARD WALK!! which im pretty sure were all excited about. if u didnt know tomorrow is the day when they freed black slaves in galveston so its is like a holiday here so there will be parades and a whole bunch of parties and picnics anywhere no matter what race you are... so it should be a very very fun day!! well see you very soon!=]

4 comments:

  1. Allison,

    Could you tell Curtis that his mother would like to see a blog from him. Also tell Marki we haven't seen anything from her yet.

    See you at the airport.

    Your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,
    I am so glad the Lord has given you the opportunity to serve Him. I think this is a great experience and opportunity He has given the whole Galveston team. You guys all sound great, (except for the sunburn). I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences and the people you have met and served.
    See you soon,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some fond memories of sitting together on trips, singing and having devotions. I'm so glad to hear that you all are continuing to have good attitudes and smiles on your faces, Allison! Thursday and Friday always seemed like the hardest days to me. I'm so excited to have you guys back and to hear what the Lord has taught you this week. Hope you enjoy the holiday festivities!

    Nicole B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison-I am so glad that you were able to go on the missions trip-sounds like you all are having a great time!! We have been praying for all of you as you are working hard and doing work for the Lord!! Would you please give Curtis a message? Tell him that I am very proud of him and I look forward to seeing him tomorrow, even though he didn't contact me all week!!-ha!! Love ya Curtis!!! Bye Allison and enjoy your last day in Galveston!! Jill Yockey

    ReplyDelete